Parking Snow Ban
Due to current weather conditions, we are not accepting vehicles to be entered into our overnight parking database.
Please check back soon to submit your vehicle for future dates.
The Atlantic Beach Police Department will gladly accept information from citizens as to emergency contacts, key holders, and authorized persons to be on property while a citizen is away from home for an extended period of time.
In assisting the residents, the Police Department will not accept the responsibility of providing any specific “security” for the home. However, the Police Department will provide the communication link to emergency assistance in the event there is a problem at the residence.
It is best to ask a trusted friend or neighbor to pick up your newspaper and mail daily, as well as any lawn signs or other flyers left in your yard. Old newspapers and overflowing mail are a clear indication that you are not home. Have your neighbor put your garbage can out on garbage day, and then back up in evening. If you utilize an in-home pet sitting service request them to take care of things such as watering plants, bringing in mail, putting garbage out, and turning lights on and off. Also, make arrangements to have your lawn mowed while gone. Below you will find some other suggestions to help safe-proof your home before leaving your vacation.
• Don’t leave a message on your answering machine that says you are out of town. Most answering machines can be set up so you can retrieve your messages even when you’re away from home, so that it does not get filled up with messages before your return.
• Purchase several inexpensive electronic timers. Don’t set the timers so that all the lights turn on and off at the same time. Set a radio/television to turn on with one of the timers.
• Don’t broadcast your vacation plans, especially over social media. A recent study by the U.S. Justice Department discovered that a startling 42% of burglars were known by the victim. The fewer people you tell about your being away, the safer your home will be.
• Protect sliding glass doors or windows with anti-jimmy bars that can be laid in slider tracks to prevent them from being opened.
• Keep expensive items out of view from the street or yard.
Above all, enjoy your vacation!
Please select the key holder entry screen that best fits your location.
As a resident, you have the ability to request your own entries that will be directed right to
your Law Enforcement Agency. Simply choose the selection below and fill out a form for your