Parking Snow Ban
Due to current weather conditions, we are not accepting vehicles to be entered into our overnight parking database.
Please check back soon to submit your vehicle for future dates.
The purpose of this site is to allow Boonton Township citizens, customers or any victim of a crime that occurred within the township limits, to file police reports online. After completing all required information you will be able to print a copy of the information that you submitted. If the incident you wish to report is an emergency, a crime in progress, or involves any type of injury please do not submit the report online and dial 9-1-1. Domestic violence incidents do not qualify under the on line reporting criteria and must have an officer respond.
If you are unable to determine if the incident is related to Domestic Violence and not in progress dial the police non-emergent number (973) 402-4000 to have an officer respond to your location. The loss or theft of prescription medication or narcotics cannot be reported online. For any incident that requires a police officer to respond dial the police non-emergency number (973) 402-4000.
Before you proceed, you should be aware that it is a crime to make a false police report and all instances of false reports will be prosecuted. This online reporting system is only to be used to report a set of limited criminal incidents with very specific criteria listed below.
The act of changing, modifying or defacing public property is under $200
- Graffiti, Knocking over a mailbox, throwing rock through a window
A person who engages in alarming conduct or repeatedly committing acts
- Harassing phone calls, continuous harassment that affects ones way of life, with the purpose of causing alarm or seriously annoying another person (NOT INVOLVING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RELATED ISSUES)
When property is missing or lost
- Property that is missing, such as leaving a personal item in a restaurant or business
Accidental damage to one's property
- Property damage that required a report for an insurance claim. Such as flood damage, storm damage, damage caused by a contractor that was not purposeful.
Theft of Property:
Property taken without permission or consent
- Your property is taken without your permission and the property is under $200
Fraud/Credit Card/Financial Identity Theft: